Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN clutch pedal height issue

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey Guys,

I have a height issue with my clutch pedal and I have since replaced the clutch cable with no luck! Currently I have wound the threaded part of the cable at the bellhousing end right out to the end and the pedal sits about 8 cms from the floor....I replaced the clutch, pressure place and flywheel(billet yella terra) about 2 years ago and was able to get it adjusted to factory specs and the thread part at the bellhousing had heaps of thread left for adjustment now for some reason its wound all the way out what could be causing this? the clutch pedal is still good no slippage at all but I do get some shudder in reverse.

cheers guys

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Unless your cable has stretched Id be looking at the throwout fork arm for bending which is a common problem especially on heavier pressure plates. Later ones had some reinforcing in the arm to box it in and help with balance.
The shudder is again common and not only in reverse but forward too so to minimise this you need to not feed it so much throttle at the takeup point so it hasn't got as much inertia to shudder

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Cheers guys put phone under car and press the
Clutch pedal and it's a bent fork it touches the bellhousing. Going to drop the box tomorrow and heat and bend it back and strengthen it.