Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wipers

D

deebs

i have purchased a vn and am having trouble with the wiper arms.
on the down stroke the wiper blades don't touch the screen properly, leaving large deposits of water on the screen.
i have replaced the blades, heads and arms and it stil happens.
i removed the plastic cover to gain access to the wiper motor and tightened the motor and arm assemblies.
it still happened.
then i took note of the plates where the wiper arms were mounted,, there seems to be unacceptable flexing in the plates, which are attached below the windscreen, causing the wiper arms to loose strength in holding the heads on the screen on the down stroke.
is this a common problem and is it repairable?
what can i do as it is a major issue during wet weather.
thanx for any replies.

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i havent had this problem on my vp but i did have it on my ford fairlane so all i sdid was to bend both the wiper arms half way along the wiper arm inwards ,but only about 10 mm ,its not the proffesional way but it fixed the fairlane and you dont notice that it looks any different,it just puts more pressure on the wiper action
cheers fergi

D

deebs

thanks for your response 'fergi', i'm not sure about bending the wiper arms though
i feel that this would only be a temp fix causing the mounting plate to flex even more eventually leading to a total failure of the whole system.