Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

immobiliser wont turn off, car no go,

T

tonykt47

I press the button on my trusty little black thingy on the keyring its little red light pulses but car wont unlock, used keys to get in but when try to start car it wont and tells me to press immobiliser button. i am up shiit creek here.

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Unfortunatly your remote is possibly dead, but I would try another battery in it just in case. The remotes are still available from Mongoose who manufactured the alarm system for the VP commodore. You have to send your old one to them and they will send the new ones back to you reprogrammed and ready to rock. I know that doesnt help you now but try that new battery first or try and find the other remote as all the cars came with two. You should also have whats called a ZARDY key which turns the alarm system off from that keyhole you find inside the passengers front door. If you have the key and turn the system off you can start the car without the remotes needed.

PS Dont forget to turn it back on!!

mattis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Commodore
i had the same problem with mine to mate, just take the screws out of it so it opens, and you should see like a blue ring looking thing above the button, i found when i just kept on running my fingers over the blue thing while pressing the button it would work again. So now that it has that problem i just have to leave it in the car and leave the screws out of it cause it always seem not to work when you put it back together, but that was only my experience with it and i didnt have the key to turn it off either.

V

VnChick85

My key is pretty stuffed to i have to leave a small piece of sandpaper in my car so if i can't turn it off i have to rub the corrosion of the battery terminals but i am waiting for the day that this won't work either.

anfsvl

VPDRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 Holden Commodore VP SII EXEC
ScottB_33 said:
Unfortunatly your remote is possibly dead, but I would try another battery in it just in case. The remotes are still available from Mongoose who manufactured the alarm system for the VP commodore. You have to send your old one to them and they will send the new ones back to you reprogrammed and ready to rock. I know that doesnt help you now but try that new battery first or try and find the other remote as all the cars came with two. You should also have whats called a ZARDY key which turns the alarm system off from that keyhole you find inside the passengers front door. If you have the key and turn the system off you can start the car without the remotes needed.

PS Dont forget to turn it back on!!
scottyb ey dude do u kno how i can contact mongoose n if u kno how much it is to replace the key pad...n if i can get another key for the secret hole near the passanger door...let us kno email me if need be [email protected] cheers

v6monstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs executive
this will help you get to work on time lol

dude turn on your your reds for 45 mins start your car turn off your car turn your reds back on
and leave them on and disconnect your + battery lead and when you want to go some where
put your lead back on the battery
what this does is tricks the computer (ecu) so it still thinks the cars on even know theres no power coming from your battery it will still think the cars on
this wont damage your computer it is completely safe to do to your car

THINK OF IT AS A PAUSE ON THE COMPUTER

scottie7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Hi,

The engine immobiliser on my VP commodore won't turn off, so I can't start my car. The light on my remote key works fine. I replaced the battery anyway, just in case, but it still won't disable the engine immobiliser.

I'd love to be able to disable it permanently (using the zardy key) but I never got the key when I bought the car ~10 years ago.

Any suggestions for how I can cirumvent the engine immobiliser?

Scott. :)

scottie7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Well, eventually the engine immobiliser responded. It was a hot day, so perhaps the sensor/receiver needed to cool down??

For future reference, where is the sensor/receiver located?

Scott. :)

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Scott Bloke, you really urgently need to go to Jaycar or Dick Smith or somewhere like that and buy a replacement learning remote (or two) for about $50 each while your original still works enough to teach the new one. (Once your original is dead you're looking at fitting a new alarm.)
It's not code hopping so the learning remote works fine. The "Valet" switch/lock in the passenger door frame will let you drive the car but the dash light will still be flashing and beeping. You should be able to buy a new switch/lock from Jaycar or Altronics for $20 or less, drill the rivets and swap out the old one.