Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What BOV do you use ? ( blow of valve )

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
What blow of valve do you guys use on your supercharger / turbo setup?

Once i get my charger on i dont want to do anything with it unless i get a BOV because i read in a few places about pipes getting blown of and the reason being the user didnt have a bov.

i dont want to use the 20$ bosch one, so wich one can you reccomend ?? ( this is gonna be for a CRS style setup )

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
depends what type of supercharger setup your doing, if you want a BOV to work properly you need to move the throttle body pre supercharger to have a properly venting BOV.

Cheers
MaT

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
yeah like i said im doing a CRS style setup and moving the throttle body, so what would be a good blow of valve for this, as in brand wise / size ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you move the throttle body infront of the charger then you wont need the BOV :D

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
but can i still use one ? i dont want it venting through the pod.

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
carn dude, you just want the sound, and so do i
i'm gunna use one of those low psi plumb bak/ vent to the atomosphere units, or just a plumb back.

you'll find a heap on ebay cheap generic brands, just make sure it's low psi and adjustable, cause 3 psi is really low

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
its not all about the sound, ive just seen alot of threads on other forums about plenums blowing of and pipes splitting, im on a budget hence the reason im doing a cheap 1ggze charger style setup, i cant afford to be replacing my engine, charger, and piping all the time lol.

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
PIC # 1
hey also, i drew a pic on how i THINK its meant to be setup, But for the first picture, wont you still need a BOV between the engine and the super charger?

Of you dont have one wont it just throw the excess air pressure into the engine and stuff something up?

PIC # 2

For this setup, where would the BOV be ? inbetween the charger and the T/B? or inbetween the T/B and the Engine ?

Attachments

• setup2.JPG
    setup2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 277
  • setup 1.JPG
    setup 1.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 255

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Picture 1 doesn't need a BOV, no air can get past the throttle body so no air will be compressed so you don't need one, it's just like a retro SC setup on a old big block street machine :). In picture 2 you have it between the throttle body and the SC so that when you close the throttle and the SC is still boosting the air pressure can escape somewhere

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
sweet thanks for clearing it up for me hehe