Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new manual in, still vibrates

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey guys, as most no i blew my reverse, i now have a new vr manual in that looks brand new for 600, it runs alot better but i still have a vibration, see with the old one and now this one wen i accelerate up and over 3.25tho rpm and seems to vibrate, now its not a knock knock sort of thing its harder i accelerate the hard and closer together the vibration is.

but wen i put my clutch in to change gears it stops. but as soon as the next gears hits around that rpm level iyt does it again. so i think that crosses out warped flywheel or anything in that area, it cant be tranny and my ening was fine with the auto. so i think i may have my drive shaft around the wrong way??? but would it vibrate like that?

it has a brand new clucth system and flywheel was fine in the old car. the only thing i wasnt 100% sure on was the postion of the drive shaft were it joins the diff

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it located properly? Is it tight? Also, turn it 180 'n try it. If its still there, whats your centre bearing like?

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
**** my car vibrates like a dildo when i give it to it, i thought it was the norm with these cars

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
greenfoam and i have been chating and have been crossing things out that it may be and isnt, so we were thinking is it possible that the clutch is warped? like maybe it came in the box already warpe as its brand new.. is that at all possible??? and wat should i do to check it, i mean i really dont wana pull it out again right now

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Did you get the clutch & flywheel balanced before putting it all in? Most of the time a new clutch will go in without a viberation hassle but you can get the odd one that will need balancing with the flywheel. Try indexing the clutch pressure plate around on the flywheel, sometimes this can rectify a balance issue. If this is a new gearbox it really cancels out the gear box, as for the tailshaft they generally only viberate under hard acceleration on take off. I tend to think it sounds like a clutch & flywheel balance issue. If you are going on the cruise on Saturday night i would gladly go for a run round the block with you and try and diagnose it for you as i am a mechanic.

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Hey guys...Off the beaten topic for as bit....I have a VN 5 spd manual calais, and it used to vibrate heaps too..Kinda like what is experiencing..And only under hard acceleration..I got the problem diagnosed when I went for a wheel balance, and it turned out to be the rear trailing arms...got them chanegd and its fine as now...Maybe have a look at them and see how bad the rubbers arm...Just my 2 cents :)

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
yeah mate.....Factory Manual....Not a bad car....mechanical nearly A1 at the moment..Am about to put a new power steering rack in, and then its Mech A1..Once thats in, will respray the car...

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
you have a missaligend spiggot barring remove
gearbox a reinsert correctly you only need to remove by 3" and reinsert

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Is the balancing different between the auto & manual like the Ecotec?