Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ALOT of engine movment... not broken engine mounts

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
Hey all another prob with my wags thats ive had ever since i replaced my engine and gearbox mounts. the motor lifts ALOT.. whenever i rev it. I gotunder it today whilst it was getting reved and it doesnt seem to be sagging the engine mounts much so what could my prob be. Ive checked to make sure all the bolts are really tight and stuff so yeah..

Any help appreciated.

Michael (commy92)

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i owuldnt worry to much dude, i mean when i rev my motor the thing wants to roll it self out of the car, and if the mounts are new and the k frame isnt snapped/ broken it should be right

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
yeah thats what mine does its brutal.. Just seems a bit to much if you know what i mean.

houseing

Reaction score
i think it is a vn vp thing my vn and my mates vp dus it looks sic i think

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Could be some flex in the crossmember/engine mounts/whatever. As long as it doesn't smack into anything and everythings tight ya should be fine I reckon. Keep an eye on the mounts/K-frame to make sure they're all cool tho, coz nothing says DANG like an engine falling out at the most embarrasing possible time.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Enjoy it mate...nothing nicer than to pull up next to a rice-mobile and give the engine a quick rev only to have the entire car rock. Scares crap out of people who don't know what's going on just seeing an old commodore sitting there rocking at the line.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
ha ha ha... i broke 3 engine mounts on my old laser once speed bump jumping :whistling the enigne was hitting the bonnet then.. was so funny. Yeah i think i might have to check my k frame cause one of my front wheels is pointing weird... lol it only had a wheel alignment 15k ago