Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stromberg High Frequency Converter

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Sounds like another e-bay scam. Maybe there is something to it, but I really can't see that it would work on all cars. Kinda like the resistor to trick the engine into running rich.

If it worked for you, then that's a bonus, but I wouldn't touch them. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good, but...I'd rather put the money to something else.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
well i was getting new ignition leads soon anyway so i thought id give em a go. I dont see how it tricks anything as it creats a better spark. I cant find any detailed info on it like how it actually works. Maybe like a capacitor. I didnt expect much from it but im happy with it.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
You can just buy spark plugs that give 4 sparks instead of one. I personally wouldnt waste $79.95 on it and it doesnt say how it exactly works and I cant figure it out so I wouldnt trust it. The spark plugs are what give the actual spark, so i dont see how it can cause the spark plugs that only give 1 spark to all of a sudden give 3 or whatever.

F

Frd_thmsn

That's one of the mods that I could actually believe works.
Similar things have been around for many years.I still have a couple of similar items from about 25 years ago.

I don't hold much faith in magnets or cut up tin cans in the air flow though.

I doubt the figures they quote , but a better spark output can't hurt.

Golden lodge and other multipoint plugs have helped in cars for years with better burning.So this one has some potential.

I would like to see a few more tests of them , for example 3 runs with them on and 3 without them to see if the results are consistent.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
But the fact remains they give absolutely no scientific information or any information for that matter about how it actually causes 3 sparks. How can it cause 3 sparks from normal spark plugs? You answer me that and i'll consider that they are legit.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
hmm ebay seller making insane claims as to how much improvement their device will give, sounds very familiar. I'd be very interested to see the innards of one of those things. From what he's saying it sounds like it's supposed to break up the spark into a series of discharges, perhaps slightly increasing spark duration, not a bad idea maybe. But the bit I think is dodgy is that you have to cut your ignition leads to fit it, if you're using inductive core leads that will screw the pooch a bit. As someones already mentioned, spark plugs like bosch super 4's will seperate the spark into 4 seperate sparks without so much stuffing around. Probably work out to be cheaper as well. I wouldn't buy off this guy just because he's making such ludicrous performance claims, but hey, to each their own.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
1991_Vn2nV said:
But the fact remains they give absolutely no scientific information or any information for that matter about how it actually causes 3 sparks. How can it cause 3 sparks from normal spark plugs? You answer me that and i'll consider that they are legit.

Wouldn't be too hard to design a circuit to turn one pulse into three separate pulses to the spark plug, what that would do to the power of the spark I'm not too sure, too lazy to work it out as well. :D

F

Frd_thmsn

pandaman said:
Wouldn't be too hard to design a circuit to turn one pulse into three separate pulses to the spark plug, what that would do to the power of the spark I'm not too sure, too lazy to work it out as well. :D

Yeah, If I had $80 to waste I'd buy one to cut it up and have a look inside.:whistling .

Sounds a bit more interesting and plausible than bipolar disorder magnets or whatever they are though:).But I'm probably biased as my life is electronics and I have a lot of faith in electronic principles and theories.

Two things stand out to me as dodgy.

1: The company that makes them is in Sth Africa ( remember the Nigerian scams).
2: They are using the name Stromberg ( a well known carby ) to add credibility .

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Frd_thmsn said:
Yeah, If I had $80 to waste I'd buy one to cut it up and have a look inside.:whistling .

Sounds a bit more interesting and plausible than bipolar disorder magnets or whatever they are though:).But I'm probably biased as my life is electronics and I have a lot of faith in electronic principles and theories.

Two things stand out to me as dodgy.

1: The company that makes them is in Sth Africa ( remember the Nigerian scams).
2: They are using the name Stromberg ( a well known carby ) to add credibility .

Yeah, Stromberg caught my eye as well. Spose it might just be coincidence. (BWAHAHAHA 'sif) :D Lol, I thought y'all Holden types round here would be fully into the whole mystical black box horsepower gain thing though, how much does a brock energy polariser go for these days? :whistling