Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing VN engine mounts

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has changed their engine mounts before on a VN, im going to give it a go next week and i plan to get a nice thick block of wood and jack the motor up by the sump, anyone done it this way before?

cheers :driving:

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
yeah i have done it this way...its fine....Have fun... I found it to be a pain in the butt....But then again, i am a bit impatient.... :)

and yeah, i didn't use wood, just used the jack itself, just was careful...

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
lol.. its a pain in the rear end.. inparticulary if you have aircon... Jack up on a block of wood or you will end up punching through the sump.. thats not cool

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Yeah im not worried about removing stuff as long as it can be done, i was going to buy a hoist and lift the motor and do the sump while i was there but im trying to work up the effort. The way i see it the money id spend on labour i could use in tools and have stuff for the next time around...

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Bursons were like $65 a mount, eBay are cheaper but theres no point after postage.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
supercrap sells them for about 50 in queensland and they are a good brand although not factory
Mounts are best done by taking off the bonnet and lifting engine up.Undo the lefthand side first on the air con bracket and then the right hand side and replace the right hand side first and then the left and put all the air con stuff back on.You might have to take off the throttle body so it doesnt hit the firewall when you lift it up.

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
markovr said:
supercrap sells them for about 50 in queensland and they are a good brand although not factory
Mounts are best done by taking off the bonnet and lifting engine up.Undo the lefthand side first on the air con bracket and then the right hand side and replace the right hand side first and then the left and put all the air con stuff back on.You might have to take off the throttle body so it doesnt hit the firewall when you lift it up.

yeah sounds good, not worried about the throttlebody, ive taken that off about 100 times :whistling