Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do It Yourself - RGB LED Dash Lights Mod

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
I have posted the DIY instructions for the RGB LED dash light conversion, and will be posting the guage facia instructions SOON!

PS. I will also be offering a kit with all the parts and more detailed instructions for the full dash mod, both LED lights and Guage Facias for a low cost of $80.

They can also be fully installed, at an additional cost of $80 for those who don't know how to do it, or just couldnt be bothered.

Send Me a Private Message if Interested.

Attachments

• Red-Green-Blue Dash MOD from Da Kidd.doc
    357.5 KB · Views: 1,327

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Nice how to - well done.

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Cheers for that mate..I'l try it in the next week or so. Just a quick q where did you mount your switch? I havn't looked at the setup behind the dash but would it be possible to have it switch colour when the mode is changed?

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
Will take some picks of where i mounted the switch ( near the stearing colum - the drop down tray). And yes its very possible to have an extra LED and resistor near or on the switch as well, wouldnt require much at all, just postitioning the led in a smart spot for the switch (depends on what switch you get as well)

PS: Thanks for the Thanks! LOL!!

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
That's awesome, Now I'm hanging out for the gauge face instructions (only got a L2 cluster). Finally, there's going to be a cheap (yet good looking) way to ditch the green lights.

Thanks a mint.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
my only comment would bw to go through your doc & fix up the spelling, theres far too much "soldiering" & not enough soldering in it...

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Isprewell,

Where did you get your LEDs from and what was the cost?

VT_V6_MAUNAL

black_vt_manual_v6
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 spak manual s1
really stupid question but if i just wanted to use the blue (2 leg) LEDS in my vt dash would i be able to just LED the globe holders or do i need the resistors and wires still..

sorry if its a simple thing but i cant remember same as i got told i would need 360 degree LEDS so i dont get bright and dull spots..