Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Convertting to a series 1 engine from series 2 AND question about oil pick up

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
basically my wags is going tubo by christmas time. But want i want to do is build another enginne outside the car and drop it in. Well anyway, i can get an entire vn series 1 sedan for $500. What would be involved in chucking that engine into my vp. Or would i be better off to keep looking for a cheap series 2 engine.

ALSO

Im looking at getting the oil pick up and dump lines made very soon, But i have no idea where the oil pickup line would go. Does the buick engine have somewhere i can just connect it up or will i have to get a new one tapped in. If so were would i do this.

Michael

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
commy92 said:
basically my wags is going tubo by christmas time. But want i want to do is build another enginne outside the car and drop it in. Well anyway, i can get an entire vn series 1 sedan for $500. What would be involved in chucking that engine into my vp. Or would i be better off to keep looking for a cheap series 2 engine.

ALSO

Im looking at getting the oil pick up and dump lines made very soon, But i have no idea where the oil pickup line would go. Does the buick engine have somewhere i can just connect it up or will i have to get a new one tapped in. If so were would i do this.

Michael
get an alloy tec if u got $ or a ECOTEC 152kw vx engine, loom swap and ecu not that much involved,go the vt break conversion also :)

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
havent got that much dosh dosh to though around.. lol althought an alloytec engine would be an awsome swap.. You got me thinking now. Off to ebay

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The series 2 "ev6" engine is the best starting point for a go fast motor

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
if you do decided to put a series 1 motor in there is no problem at all. i did that. just gotta cut one wire and extend another wire. that is all i did. don't try and use a series 1 loom as they don't plug in. one spot you can get oil from is the oil gauge sender, tap into that. and to dump the oil ya just have to tap into your sump. but make sure it is well above your oil level otherwise you won't get your oil out of the turbo quick enough

kezvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnexecutive wagon
clean up the vn sell it to some poor sucker then buy series 2 vr motor for vn car will go 1000& why go back to tired vn motor they haveall done a million miles just bought a series 2 vr motor with 143000 kms for 650

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
clean up the vn sell it to some poor sucker then buy series 2 vr motor for vn car will go 1000& why go back to tired vn motor they haveall done a million miles just bought a series 2 vr motor with 143000 kms for 650

VP engine is a better option as the VR engine had a few issues.