Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Lock

A

Ardavast

I cannot believe it but my car has not passed NSW rego 'cause the steering wheel does not lock. It has not locked since I bought the car 5 years ago. Do I need a complete lock mechanism? How much and how hard is it to fit etc..Anyone have any experience with this? Not much in the archives regarding this. Much appreciated. GM

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
they are easy to fit.. it happened to me too. i bought a car and the steering lock didn't work so he wouldn't pass it. i had to get a lock smith to come that night and set a new ignition barrel. to pull the old one out there is a little hole underneath the barrel. put a small screw driver or something in there. and there is a little button that ya have to push inside there. i forget what possition it has to be on.. but play around and ya should sort it out..
before doing anything at all ya could try putting some WD spray down there.. ya never know. it just might work..

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
Find another examiner .I've never had my steering lock checked ???????????