Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump Wiring Question

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
hey all, i know this has probably been requested a million times but i have attemped a search but no luck. i want to install a simple fuel pump cut off switch like many have. all i know is that someone mentioned a violet wire but does anyone know where it runs through the cabin?

and also iv seen people mention a cut off switch for the transmission? can anyone explain?

thanx :)

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Ive got one on my fuel pump. I conected the switch to a purple wire in the boot. Its on the drivers side near the wheel arch thing. And i believe it goes Under the back seat and down the side of the car. Its with a whole lota other wires wrapped in electrical tape. So just take off the electrical tape and you should find it.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
ok thanx for the info but im looking to have the switch hidden in the cabin sumwhere.. it must run under the door sills.. gonna go have a look sumtime today :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
ok i pulled up the driver side sill and found two sets of wires wrapped in tape. one set containing 4 wires and the other containing at least 15 wires. the set containing at least 15 has got two purple wires.. one purple and one purple/pink.
heres a pic..
100_1121.JPG

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
i think its the solid purple one, just get a test lamp and check. turn the ignition on and the fuel pump will power up for 10 sec find the one that dose this

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah pretty sure its the full purple one. And yeah it does run down the door sill. But when i had mine i wired it up under back seat because i ran a relay then a switch instead of just cutting the circuit and putting a switch in. I now have an imobilisor so i dont have kill switch anymore, but i guess the imobilisor works the same way?