Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Biggest HP VP????

stncld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec Wagon
My old ride (VP V6 sdn), after some (heaps of) mods (but no turbo/super) had a pretty surprising 470RWHP Dyno proven. Has anybody else heard of a similar figure on any other VP's, or should i not have given the beast up???

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
Show us ya dyno sheet and pics

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
bahaha a v6 vp with 470!!!
man i would love to see that dyno result!
or betta yet the car itself!

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93

Is what im thinking..... but if the man wants to talk.... he is welcome to prove me wrong :thumbsup:

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
My old ride (VP V6 sdn), after some (heaps of) mods (but no turbo/super) had a pretty surprising 470RWHP Dyno proven. Has anybody else heard of a similar figure on any other VP's, or should i not have given the beast up???

There's just one small problem I have with that. 470rwhp/ 3.8L = 124ish horsies per litre of displacement at the wheels. By comparison a V8 supercar makes around 125ish horsies per litre AT THE FLYWHEEL. Even if your 6 was a 4.3 stroker it'd still have a better power/displacement than the supercar. It'd definitely be the most powerful buick V6 I'd ever heard of and I'm damned curious to hear how you did it. I'm sure most veteran engine builders would be curious as well.

So in short, no I've never heard of an naturally aspirated V6 with that kinda power, that's stroked/supercharged V8 territory really.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4

Can't see the car mate, it's moving too fast.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
lol, would love to see a v6 with 470hp even at the fly, formula holden v6s had 340hp and i think that was at the fly, so 470, unless it was a seriously whacked out dyno, has gotta be a load of wollop.

til i see dyno sheets, what you had done to it, im not even going to give this thread another thought.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
You know, it occurs to me that 4 is right above the 1 on the keypad, maybe that's the problem? 170rwhp is quite respectable for an N/A V6 with a few mods.