Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rpm heavy duty clutch

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
hey i just purchased a heavy duty rpm clutch by pbr for my vn v6 . i was wonderin if any1 knows much about them and if they're any good

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
i had a heavy duty in my suzuki swift cool if theres already one in there but no point putting one in i dont reckon, the vn's clutch is a heavy bastard anyway id say u would need to work those chicken legs before u put a heavy duty clutch in a vn.

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
i got decent size legs to push the bastard in i got the clutch for 200 bucks and mine is buggered so i thought i'd just get a heavy duty clutch

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
yeah 200 is a pretty good deal bro id roll with that, bare in mind that my suzuki swifts clutch was heavy as **** but the stock vn one was heavier but probly shouldnt make to much of a difference they are good for burnouts and if your a clutch rider they wont burn out as quick.

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
i got it for 200 coz i work for a heavy earthmoving company that buys heaps of stuff through coventries so they give the workers good deals. the cars had a heavy duty in it but ever since i brought the car its stuffed around now its finally had it. i tried to adjust it but ran out of adjustment it sounds like the thrust bearing is hitting the teeth too.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
that is a good price alright. i don't think they are that heavy. i have a heavy duty clutch in my commodore and in my pulsar and i reckon both are great.. can't beat them..

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Yep, they are good. I have one in my race car, it handled hard take offs using slicks and even with no wheelspin at full throttle the clutch still didnt slip. It also happily took on a 4minute continous burnout and still has no problems.

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
can any1 advise me as to any tips when replacing the clutch, just things that make it easier like the best way to remove the gearbox

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
can any1 advise me as to any tips when replacing the clutch, just things that make it easier like the best way to remove the gearbox

Either a good knowledge of foul language or a lot of patience :whistling

The y piece of the exhaust needs to come off and that alone is a hell of a mission without the right tools and without a hoist.

I have taken gearboxes out of other cars but gave up very quickly with my vn, local mechanic even said he could see why I gave up.

Good luck, let us know how you go :thumbsup: