Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypass immobiliser without key??

Bungle

Bungle
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2, VZ Exec
Does anyone know how I can turn my immobiliser off without the key ?? It never came with one when I bought it.. I know i'll probably have to end up going to a locksmith or Holden for a new key, just wanted to check if I could do something myself first...
Cheers..

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
open passenger side door and on the chassis bit is a little switch thingo for the immobiliser so you can turn it on/off.

Bungle

Bungle
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2, VZ Exec
Yeah I know that, but Im missing the key...

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i suppose you could try to get the keyhole out, and just cross the wires it connects to. though i'd hope there's more to it than that.

andynogo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 wagon
I know it might sound really dumb, but try any key. Mine turns with any old key! Got rid of the factory immobiliser anyway as it was playing up.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L
if you want to drill out the cover plate, it is reasonably simple to get to the back of the override switch. There are threads here that talk about this in detail, and unfortunately, it is rather easy to bypass the immobilizer this way. (especially if you have two switches, one switched to 'on', and the other switched to 'off') I'm going to get a key cut eventually now that i have one switch removed from the car! Good luck.

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
Does anyone know how I can turn my immobiliser off without the key ?? It never came with one when I bought it.. I know i'll probably have to end up going to a locksmith or Holden for a new key, just wanted to check if I could do something myself first...
Cheers..

Seriously, I'd just get the key cut. Cost me $30 bucks or something (before the $110 for the remote), that way you have options.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L
do you reckon they show the rivets pics of angelina jolie at the factory to make them hardened?

V8 Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 / Toyota Hiace
easy to by pass if you know how to. Its pretty hard to explain.
If your really keen i can tell you how.