Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

read read read!!!!attempted theft!!

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
my car was broken into last night by none other than a fricking commodore owner! being a commodore owner and a member of this forum i warn you all to be very aware of the people around you! around 2am this morning whilst on the toilet, i hear my best friend racing out the front door to put the fear of god through a couple of low lifes who thought they deserved my car more than i did. after completely stuffing both front doors in their vein attempt to get into my car, they ran over 100 meters in about 3 seconds flat to hop in a dark coloured vp ss! i do not hold anything against any commodore owner in anyway over this at all, i would just like every one to keep an eye out for people like this cause unfortunately this type of stuff happens way to much! im sure you will take all this in your stride and please remember it can happen to anyone! be careful! the incident happened in glenwood, just near parklea markets in sydney, if anyone knows anything about this, please tell quakers hill police or speak to me in private through pm. cheers

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
That sucks mate.

People shouldn't mess with other people's cars (or anything else for that matter).

Mine gets the odd attempt at a break-in from time to time too.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
thats pretty sketchy man... was proberly after parts or something... assholes

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i had a near theft experience about 2 yrs ago with my old vl... heres a quote from the old thread

i just walked outside to find that my car was unlocked and the drivers door wasnt shut properly which was weird coz i swore i locked it, jumped in to put my key in the ignition to find someone had had a go at it with a shifter! they got into my car and almost started it but diddnt touch my $150 globe shoes i left in there my head unit or my tacho! im going to buy an alarm today hopefully this F**KN asshole comes back coz ill be waitin with my air rifle with custom nail bullets...that'll f**k him

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
i appreciate the sympathy guys im with you walesy_5.0 we stayed up all night waiting for them to come back! but they never did. sorry to hear its happened to you guys before

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i reckon the ss was taxed too, and they wanted another so they could race.

school holidays if you ask me

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
that sucks.. lol i live in an aboriganal comumunity in northern western australia.. my commodore has never been touched *touch wood* stuff livin in the city. Get yourself setup with a blackwired alarm with touch & knock sensors They are readily available on eBay for about $300, installed mine myself, if there is the slightest bump or knock to any windows it sets off a warning alarm *no joke - the knock Sensors where a pr**CK to install. hell if a truck drives past while my car is parked it sets the car alarm off.. Dont take security lightly.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Some people are just dogs with no respect for anyone else's property. I'd like see how they'd react if they car got stolen or broken into.

At least you stopped them before it was too late. You were luckier than most.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I just find it funny the amount of people who can't get into VN's :rofl:
Someone tried getting into my SS but couldn't. I've gotten into a VN that many times (my VN Calais when the remote was playing up and would not unlock the doors) with a piece of wire in about all of 2 mins.
Dave

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
this should be put as a sticky in the pub or something.

tips and ideas on how to avoid over exposing your car to thugs.
never tell people what sort of sound equiptment or expensive mods you have.