Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pressure regulator

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VN 3.8 / VP 3.8
Hey guys

Can anyone please tell me where to locate the fuel pressure regulator on a series 11 VN, car keeps stalling in Park and neutral so I might give the regulator a change to see if that helps.

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
behind the throttle body, it's bolted to the black plate that holds the throttle/kickdown cables and all that stuff. A cylindrical silver object with some hoses coming off it. Really easy to get out.

Just be sure to depressurize the fuel system before you remove it.

I'd also check the fuel filter while you're at it.

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I changed the fuel filter two weeks ago, I will look at regulator tonight cheers

Ozkiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Series II Sedan
I had a similar problem and to fix it for my VN Series 1, I cleaned out the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. I used the Instructions found in the How To's Section and linked to here:- http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=5313 Thanks to Darren...

Now no more miss and no more stalling at the lights..

I hope it helps...

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I have now cleaned my IAC and it is running much better, no stalling or low revs, BUT.... now she is reving at 1500rpm - I have turned the idle down to as low as it can go but still 1500rpms. Does anyone have an idea on how to get this idle back to 1000rpms before I have no breaks left!!!!

StrokerSandman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 hilux/ Stroked vs v6 1976 Hx sandman ute
I seem to have the same problem with modcon, yet I'm tuning my vn v6 ser1 with a haltech plat gm. It will idle fine (better) with a hot stroker memcal in the original ecu, so obviously I have settings wrong on the haltech. I've tried altering everything, no difference. It'll sit at 1400-1500 for 10 secs then idle down to 800rpm (my setting) then starts hunting up and down between those revs.