Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Auto to Manual - Spigot Bush

T

Tadeusz

I'm currently in the middle of replacing the S1 VN motor in my Hilux with a VP motor. The motor I picked up was originally an auto, and I'm running a manual in the Hilux.

I've pulled the spigot bush out of the VN, and the dude at the clutch shop tells me it should be the same part used in the VP. I pulled the flex plate off the VP and the VN spigot bush is too big (around 27mm OD whereas the hole in the VP is around 20.4mm). Is the spigot bush supposed to be the same?

Looking at the VP, there appears to be an insert in the end of the crankshaft. Is this supposed to come out when converting to a manual so the spigot bush will fit? If this does come out, how do you get it out? There's nothing to grab onto, and it seems pressed in pretty firmly. I can probably get it out by destroying it, but I want to confirm that it's supposed to come out first.

Thanks,
Scott

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
my understanding was between there auto engines and the manual engines there crank was different and u need to get some sort of kit to connect everything together. some1 else wana help out??

T

Tadeusz

My understanding was the S1 VN couldn't be converted from auto to manual because of a different crankshaft bolt pattern, but S2 could, and it was just a matter of removing the flex plate and bolting up a flywheel. I hope this is correct.

R

rattattack1313

hey man..i'm not sure about the newer motors, but with the older holden motors, there is the same thing.... what i did was, i got some newspaper, ripped it into little bits, wet them, pushed them into the hole in the spacer thingie, then got a hammer and a drift( a large punch) and walloped the daylites out of it...the wet paper got behind the spacer, and pushes it out ......hope that helps.....

dodgy

Reaction score
I have done this with a S1
you need a flywheel or adaptor from CRS and the spigot bush from holden, the rest just bolts up

The spigot bush is listed with Holden in their parts, I had alot of trouble getting one to start with and then Holden had them. It has a step in it to fit in the crank.

I think the VP spigot bush does not have this step in it which makes it impossible to fit, not 100% sure though.

I have pics that I can post if needed

:)

Anybody who says it cannot be done are ill informed!!!