Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ rear seat removal

05LVQ

Why so serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I'm currently installing a car stereo when I have time to work on it, and I'm having trouble taking out the rear seats. I used to have a VP and I thought that taking the rear seats outta the VQ would be the same process as the VP.
When I run my hand along between the back of the bench part and the bottom of the back rests, I can feel something in there that attaches them together I think.
Does anyone know how I can get past that and pull the seats out? I've also noticed that the left and right back rests are joined together at the top (they're not completely seperate pieces like in the VP), do I just pull the back rests out the same way as the VP?
Any help at all would be great.

Tim

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah mate sounds like a series 1 vq the seats have metal loops that come off them and are bolted to the car the back rest part is one whole piece is pretty much the same otherwise. I got one in my vp and start on the bottom at the front and unhook them then move it to the front and you should be able to unbolt them.

05LVQ

Why so serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Yep she's a series 1 alright. Thanks for the help, I'll have a go at it tomorrow arvo after work and see how I go.

Tim

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
There are side bolsters that are sep from the top part of the seat.on the left and right side near the doors.There are plastic clips that clip into the body work just behind the door opening.Dont know if you would need to remove them.