Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speakers in rear parcel shelf

Pompeygaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
Hi Guys, this is my first post on here.
Just bought a VN series II Berlina.
I have been trying to figure out how to get to the speakers on the rear parcel shelf. I want to replace them with 6 inchers but retain the original speaker grill.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Do you have to remove the rear seat to get to the parcel shelf and if so, how do you remove the seat?
Thanks in advance.

R

rattattack1313

not sure about the berlina, but with my vp sedan, i had to remove the back seats.....remove the bottom of the seat,and then the top is on hooks at the top,and a little bolt at the bottom..undo the bolt, then just a matter of grabbing the back of the seat, and wiggling it upwards....there should be some prepunched plates on the shelf...knock them out, and install the speakers...doesn't matter if you only get 3 screws in on each speaker... then cut the carpet stuff...leave a little extra on it....can't put it back on after you have cut it, so be careful...have fun!!!!!!!!!

ndatkins

Reaction score
in my series one vn berlina, i just used a screw driver to gently lift the cage off, no screws it just bent into the shelf, then replaced speakers, flattened the tabs and put the cages back on

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
i also have a vn series 2 berlina. i found the easiest way was to remove the grills with a screwdriver and undo the screws with a verry small screw driver (room for movement under window) just like ndatkins

only problem i have had so far is i find the grills will sometimes vibrate when the music is up loud.

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
on an exec were do there wires stop, the ones that reach the rear speakers because i have made my custom shelf with speakers in there but no wires too connect 'em up? are they along the drivers door or something?

ben7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
vinnywelsh said:
i also have a vn series 2 berlina. i found the easiest way was to remove the grills with a screwdriver and undo the screws with a verry small screw driver (room for movement under window) just like ndatkins

only problem i have had so far is i find the grills will sometimes vibrate when the music is up loud.

the problem i have with that is my speakers are too big to fit through the existing hole... and im not even sure if the stock ones would lift out through it, i am in the process of replacing all 4 speakers at the moment.. which involves takin out the back seats for me :(.

Ben

EDIT: i forgot i was in vn-vp.. im not sure if it is different for vr.

R

rattattack1313

rear speakers..

if you bolt the speakers on the underside of the shelf.you might have to drill a new hole or two,,(shhhh!!!!!!!) :whistling but they should fit...as to the grilles rattling, i struck a VB football :drink: on the edge of each grille..no more rattle, and i can spot my car from the rear a mile away..... :D