Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission fluid lines

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Just wondering if anyone knows whether V6 and V8 auto transmission lines are the same or different. I'm suspecting they're different but I dunno. Only reason I ask is that the tranny lines on the VN have come loose from their hanger and have been fouling on the exhaust. One of the buggers has worn through, meaning that the cloud of white smoke behind me under load is not in fact due to bodgy rings. Of course the wreckers around here are either fresh out of V8 tranny parts, or are trying to charge me a fortune for them. So the question again, are V6 lines the same shape? If not, I predict interesting times. :D

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Going off wat we saw with Tranny lines on my son's VN V6 when we took the eng out they'd have to be diffrent in the shape(curves)from the V6 & V8.Holdens came up with the idea the trans cooler pipes should run along the side of the engine & around the front over onto the pass side where it enters the trans cooler in the rad.A whole heat soaking metre.Wat a pox idea that is...!!To me all that does is transfer alot of the heat coming off the engine into the cooler lines.We rerouted his along the chassis rail like the vapour line & into a trans cooler on the drvrs side under the charcoal canaister, much neater, shorter & better.I'd rip it off, go buy a trans cooler & reroute it away from heated objects like manifolds & the engine itself.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Going off wat we saw with Tranny lines on my son's VN V6 when we took the eng out they'd have to be diffrent in the shape(curves)from the V6 & V8.Holdens came up with the idea the trans cooler pipes should run along the side of the engine & around the front over onto the pass side where it enters the trans cooler in the rad.A whole heat soaking metre.Wat a pox idea that is...!!To me all that does is transfer alot of the heat coming off the engine into the cooler lines.We rerouted his along the chassis rail like the vapour line & into a trans cooler on the drvrs side under the charcoal canaister, much neater, shorter & better.I'd rip it off, go buy a trans cooler & reroute it away from heated objects like manifolds & the engine itself.

Yeah cheers for that. They hug the block on the V8, so I figured they might have just used the same for the 6 but had them sitting a little further out. Looks like it's time for plan B. B for Bodgy that is. :D