Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior kits or changing Interior

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
is there kits for changing the look for Interior or wat do i use to change it etc..
1.wat sort of paint ?
2.where would i find a kit?
3.how much?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
No such thing as a "kit", but you can use various pants and vinyl dies to recolour the interior.

Just be warned that nine times out of ten, it will look awful, and you'll regret it six months down the track :p

Your best bet is to accept that the design is twenty years old, and it isn't ever going to get any better ^^

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
No such thing as a "kit", but you can use various pants and vinyl dies to recolour the interior.

Just be warned that nine times out of ten, it will look awful, and you'll regret it six months down the track :p

Your best bet is to accept that the design is twenty years old, and it isn't ever going to get any better ^^
Cant agree more.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
vr/vs dash conversion, new seats, new carpet and new hood liner should have it looking a bit better, just choose colours carefully.
Matt

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
VR dash conversion is arguably worse ;) (I'm not a big fan)

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Probably the most favourable way to upgrade your interior is pick a nice interior you like from a similar model, say VQ Statesmen and buy all the door cards and put them in, then but some VX HSV seats etc.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, just make sure the door trims you buy are exactly the same shade of blue/grey/brown as your dashboard :) There were so many different colours that looked similar, and it's easy to screw up ^^

Some nice seats will spice things up a bit - again, if you get the right colour.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
the vr/vs dash is heaps better, since putting one in the wagon i hate driving with a vn/vp dash infront of me, so ugly. but each to there own.
Matt

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
You could put a VS Statesman or Caprice dash in there, its not to everyone's taste but I think it would look good.