Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting fan shroud back on.. on 5L

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
hey all.

i have to put the fan shroud back on to get rwc, but i cant undo the 4 bolts that attach the clutch fan to the water pump. whenever i try and undo the bolts all that happens is the water pump turns (im hoping this isnt a bad thing)

any help on what to do would be great thanks :thumbsup:

cheers, pauly.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
push down on the belt to keep tension on it and it stops the pulley from turning

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
or i usually get big screw driver and jam it between a bolt head and the fan shaft, or use another spanner, except the last one is har to undo because the other 3 bolts are loose.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
push down on the belt to keep tension on it and it stops the pulley from turning

That may have a chance of working if the bolts arent too tight.

Personally go with the square bladed screw driver shaft levered against a bolt and the fan shaft, dont take em all out until you have loosened them all.
There are universal tools you can buy that slips over two of the bolts to hold them in place while you turn the others.
see:
http://www.sptool.com/61600.gif there are manufacturer specific ones as well, ford doesnt fit holden etc(surprise).
but never used any of them