Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade VN Dash Pad to VR or VS Dash

shaneh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute
hi guys i am wondering if anyone has put a dash pad from a VR VS into a VN or in my case a VG ute . What did you have to change behind the dash if any thing . Thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
check out forums on the street commodores site under faq and you will find some detailed instructions here http://forum.****************.com.au/showthread.php?t=8433446
im actually doing it atm and its not a simple changeover....im tackling the demister vents problem which again isnt straight forward

Last edited:

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
have done 90% of the conversion - the dash is the easy part - the wiring is a bitch -

still got windscreeen wipers and headlights to do on a mates Vn commo - is a lot of buggering around and blowing fuses to make work!!!!!!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
its really not that hard... im sorry but i have done it and its not that complicated...

few niggling issues but really nothing that difficult. Demister vent is the hardest part, so i didnt bother haha. points for markover in trying to get it to work.

Few custom looms aad to be made but car wiring is easy

aZK.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
i guess we allhave our strengths and weaknesses - id love to know how to get the headlights a happenin lol - wipers dont look that hard just leavin them till last

Vlturbo07

Vlt the way to role
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl manual
i have a vs interior in my vn it aint worth the ****ing around theres about 2800 wires behine the dasgh u have to conect all the wiring up it isnt a simple pull out unclip job then u need the dopor trims or it wont line up properly and then u need to cahnge the cluster..which invlve pulling out the actual speedo ect cause the wire are different there alot of screwing around

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i guess we allhave our strengths and weaknesses - id love to know how to get the headlights a happenin lol - wipers dont look that hard just leavin them till last

have you got all the wiring diagrams? if not let me know and ill post em up.

the wipers are harder than the lights.... alot harder.....

vlturbo guy, i dont know what you did but i never had to change clusters..

aZk.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Geeze Ive had some drama with the demister vents ...Started out with the vn vents and have been trimming them down to get them to fit...problem is the vn vents slots point towards the windscreen but the vs ones point away so you have to cut slots into the opposite side of the valley where the vs vents are and plug the old ones up.
Also the dash plastic behind the cluster wont let you get the angle you need so you have to keep trimming one side of the vn vents down. Its been done before so I will get it.
The actual face vents in the middle of the dash seem to be in a different position too but that is another job.