Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seatbelts and GearBox

caekmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM
Hey guys, i have searched everywhere for an answer to these 2 questions, all help will be greatly appreciated

1. I just bought my vn wagon and have replaced all the carpet and seats, and i took the front seat belts off to clean them, how ever after i had cleaned them they have locked so i cant pull them out, i still haven't installed them into the car yet though.

2. My vn is a manual and i cannot change down from 4th to 3rd without touching it into second first, can this be fixed or is it the box?

Thanks guys :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Not sure on the belts.

Any more info on the box? It wont go into 3rd at all unless you put it in 2nd first? That sounds like a synchro problem on 3rd gear, but i would assume that would be going up gears aswell.

caekmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM
It goes up gears, fine its just dropping back from 4th into 3rd u have to stay on the clutch, touch it into second (just at the entry to second not actually in the gear) then back up into 3rd

sp4nky

Reaction score
About the Seat belts as far as i know there is no way to get them out and unlocked if they have gone most of the way back in apart from pulling and playing with them and if your lucky it will come undone. If they dont after a few hours you might aswell go buy new ones from a wreckers since i dont know any other way to get them out.

caekmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM
ok then thanks, i will probably just go get some from the wreckers

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
seat belts are inertia reel type. have you tried holding them at different angles and positions? they are sensitive to orientation, i.e. you'll notice you can't spool a belt if you're driving down a steep road.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
It goes up gears, fine its just dropping back from 4th into 3rd u have to stay on the clutch, touch it into second (just at the entry to second not actually in the gear) then back up into 3rd

No clue mate, sorry. It is weird. I used to do that with my 5 speed to get into reverse, just put it in the gate for 5th.

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
with the belts, if there the same as the vs ones, from memory, theres a plastic cup thingy that drops onto a steel ballbearing that locks the belt. u need to get the belts at the right angle so the cup either lifts off or drops onto the ball, cant remember which, to release the belt.

should beable to get them going again.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
bolt the belts in the car and they will work

caekmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM
Thanks for your help guys, i fixed the belts, after i had got some ones from the wreckers for 30 bucks :), wit the gearbox i think i will just leave it, its not that much of an inconvenience considering how hard it will be to find a working manual gearbox for a vn