Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flexplate replacement

fishman

fishman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon S2runningVP motor on dual fuel
howdy, anyone ever done a flexplate or anyone had a problem with one...
sounds horrible

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Yep. Quite common. 'Box out, unbolt flex plate replace.

If it's the VP or the VN is S2, the bell housing lower cover "beaming brace" needs to be refitted with the bolts to the gearbox finger tight (or the 'brace clipped to the housing) before tightening the 6 nuts on the sump studs, with the height of the sump studs even, to avoid a repeat failure. (The beaming brace can cause the joint between the trans. and motor to "hinge"). New flex plate to crank bolts are required and they have to be torqued (with a torque wrench) + the specified angle (which i would have to look up) to tighten.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i've done it.

you can do it in a day although it's painful. you need to get the box out as Cheap6 said, which means getting the starter motor out, which means getting the LH headers out from memory, also the exhaust section behind it.

if you don't have a commercial hoist or pit, then you're using car stands like i did and you will develop bigger arm muscles.

fishman

fishman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon S2runningVP motor on dual fuel
yeah g'day 400 bucks supply new flexplate fitted with pennzoil gearbox fluid replacement