Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN starting problems, kicks over but wont run

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
The other night my car started to cough and played up, it was code 22 and thats tps, i put a V8 T/B on it and it was fine i turned the tps around and was working great then it started playing up, so now i am back to the normal v6 throttle body and different tps and i checked the comp and came up as code 12, but now my car wont start... i have checked fuses,swaped computers, fuel reg, fuel pump, things like that and they are fine, the car kicks over but doesnt start up so i have no idea what it is the comp isnt flrowing any codes out, any1 got any idea, its a VN V6 auto.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
do a test for sprak on all leads by sticking a screwdriver in each lead, and earthing it off to the body (keep about 3mm gap between screwdriver and body), now get someonw to crank the car over, youll soon find out where abouts to look for the problem.

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
check spark.. my coilpack went on me twice in my vn. was ok one day then out of no where died. leaves you wid a engine that cranks ok but doesnt fire.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
It was only replaced 8 months ago and hasnt had much use its a S2 coilpack any other ways of checking spark? anything to do with plugs? the fuel in the tank has been making a burbleing noise to, but i took the hose off and primed it and it filled half a cup and did it again same thing so i think thats fine, i might borrow a coil pack of the parents car (VR) and see if there is any difference.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i changed the coilpack my my parents VR 1 and it kicked over fine, and then i putmy old 1 on the vr and that turned over to???, but i took mine for a drive and it seemed fine but when i give it abit around the 4000rpm or so it starts to cough and play up at high revs now, and the earth lead under the coil pack isnt there could this be a long term problem?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Found the problem with the car playing up at high revs the o-ring went on the fuel pressure reg so thats fixed, but the auto i think its on its way out,
It goes through the gears and hangs on to then and revs up into the gears abit when changing, i have had a play with the kickdown cable but still does it could it just need a service, if it is on its way out i will have to just move the manual conversion up closer and drop it in.