Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speed sensor removal question

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
^^^^^^ theres the question :p i know where its located, is it any hard to remove it.. i gotta replace mine its been dead for awhile now...aaa year? i think its time to change it its no fun driving without a speedo :(

has anyone changed theres?

helpp would be appreciated cheerss :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I know the guts of it just unscrews. Grab and twist. The shell that's bolted onto the transmission, appears to be clipped on by one bolt and a clamp, similar to a distributor. Not sure what it connects with inside the transmission though. But I know the majority of it will just twist out :)

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
thankss heaps morton.. one more question is it easy to break something inside of the thing while doing it?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
no just twist it. its threaded on there. and there is a little spinny thing in an auto it is about 2cm long and a manual has an extension on it. that slides over the auto one.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just ran into the garage and took a picture of the one off my V8 T700. Behold :)

speed_sensor.jpg

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
yea its auto.. thanks haydz.. is there anything else i should know?.. or is that it, i dont wanna wreck something while trying to fix it haha thankss :)

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
haha morton thats oily as what happened there??? yea i know what it looks like u shouldnt of man but thanks better view i guess :p

edit: u should of taken it out while u where out there hahahaha

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
cool saves me doing the same thing tomorrow.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, it's a bit greasy. I havn't cleaned the old auto stuff yet since my conversion :p That's eighteen years of grease I guess ^_^

I'm not sure exactly how to remove the speed sensor body from within the trans. I suspect it may involve removing the extension housing though.

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
i duno what it is morton if the sensor is what u where holding in ur hand.. i thought it was something to do with the thing thats bolted on the trans.. i would clean the sensor with a rag wd40 etc.. the speedo would work for a bit and then die.. i went to the wreckers i cant find a sensor thats similar to my one