Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doors won't unlock - Deadlock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina LX, 1992, V6 3.8l
Hello,

I have a 1992 Commodore Berlina LX with anti-theft system (key remote control).
Yesterday the battery died for some reason (maybe left light on) and I wasn't able to unlock the car. I also couldn't unlock it with the physical key itself because all front locks were just deadlocked.
Luckily I could open the trunk with the metal key which allowed me to also unlock the back doors. However, both front doors remain locked and even can't be unlocked from inside.
If have recharged the battery and if I press the unlock-button on the remote now, the indicator lights go on and off but nothing happens with the lock.
So, at the moment I have to access the car from the back doors in order to drive it.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thomas

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This may sound stupid, but have you tried opening the lock with the key since you changed the battery (you didn't mention it, so might be a long shot)

Other than that, can't help you, my car still seems to deadlock and unlock even with a flat battery using the key.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina LX, 1992, V6 3.8l
thanks, mate.

when i tried to unlock the car manually on the drivers side it worked (turn key to the left). could've sworn that this didn't work yesterday...