Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP mods

M

mike0169

hey guys... i have $2000 to spend and just wondering what do i need to gain extra kw??

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
depending on the mods u already have is to what u can go for, a new full zorst will set ya bak about $1000, then u could whack on a CAI new plugs leads k&n mabe some high ratio rockers, mabe a small tune there goes ya grand. thats a good start i surpose. u can always jump straight into a cam and chip package which depending on the cam is the price or a really really small boost

STL.THY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP.S2 Berlina with VS.S3 V6 5spd S/C
hey man...dont know if its what you wanted to know but if your cars stock i put the first lot o money i had into handeling for my vp...and it makes a serious difference.....im going into power now but in the time thats passed ive had a many instances (most due to my own P'plated'ness) where ive been thankful for the extra traction and handeling....now i know when i get my scarger and rest that i wont be all over the place...........to much :p

PHATVP93

TY-BOMB$
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina 3.8
go with what mark said. zorst leads.coils.rockers.minispool.pod. 2 gs wont get u far. power wise.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
hey guys... i have $2000 to spend and just wondering what do i need to gain extra kw??

dude what is your car VP what 4 6 8? asuming it's an australia car its an 6 or 8 and seeing as you haven't told us I what it is I wont surguest any engine mods.

-try this 1 out rebuild your diff with 4:11's it will fly

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
SURE CAM INTERNATIONAL
Yella Terra - Roller rockers
Top Gun - Products

Up to you of course. But if i had that sort of cash lying around i would hit up a mild street cam, sports exhaust, high ratio roller rockers, and performance valve springs. $2000 wouldn't cover labour if you were to have someone put all of that in for you of course.

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
first thing i'd be doing is a 3.45 or 3.7 ratio swap in the rear, if your 2Gs will cover it.

Doesnt give you more kW, but multiplies the **** out of all that torque going to the wheels, which is what you want.

I ran 16.3 @ 82.3 mph in my wagon at WSID with a cat-back 2.5 mandrel exhaust. Then went and bought HM headers $450, installed a nice smooth metal intake pipe (already had it, but $150ish usually) K&N cold air panel filter $80, super 6 intake snorkel $65, and was running a "straight through" Cat (shh, tell no one!) that cost me $50. This was all installed by me, so no labour costs.

Initial "snap" off the line was no better, and with all this in place i ran 16.02 at 85.4mph. So, the gains were there for mid-top end power, but the stock 3.08 ratio was killing me off the line- 6oft times were still in the 2.3 range. I would have run easy mid 15s with a set of 3.7s

For what its worth, i'd go the diff swap firstly, then some extractors and a redback 2.5 exhaust (minus the rear muffler of course), and then later on maybe some Yella Terra 1.8 ratio rockers (which apparently are really good for all over gains!)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Do people read other members posts anymore? Specifically the one that pointed out that this thread is 4 years old?