Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN heater valve / tap stuck on cold

moose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 3.8
My heater controller was stuck on cold and I couldn't turn it to hot. After disconnecting the controller mechanism I traced the proble to the valve on the heater itself. It's stuck solid on cold. It happaned suddenly and without giving me any warning, ie. it didn't play up at all, was working perfectly than one day it stopped. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it without replacing the heater itself? The bit where the controller arm scews on looks like plastic so I don't want to force it in case it snaps. Any ideas would be appreciated.

moose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 3.8
ok.. fixed it...since I saw a few posts with this problem but no solutions I thought I'd say what I've done. Took the white, plastic arm off the valve and got vice-grips on the valve. Applied a little force while pushing and pulling it in and out (it has a slight movement) and it finally let go. I tried pliers but couldn't get enough grip on it. I know it sounds drastic but I only applied enough force not to break it. Got my heater back.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Good work - and you didn't bust the plastic bit - sooo easy to do

moose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 3.8
nope... I made sure I didn't force it too much...but I had to get a good grip on it...pliers just scraped it.. hence vice-grips... it worked.. :)