Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp manual conversion and vn auto conversion

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
Ok I've been wanting to do a manual on my car for a while and my sister needs a cheap car to drive around in while her honda sells. So I managed to find a VN with a 5 speed for $1000 the thing I want to know is what other parts (if any) will I need to buy to leave me with two functional cars.

As far as I know if the vn is a series 2 it will all fit up and nothing else will be need. Is there any easy way to tell a vn s1 from s2??

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
the difference between the series1 engine to the series 2 engine is a triple coil pack, um and the thermostate is at the back of the engine in the series 1. thats the most obvious. so ur going to do a whole transpant?? engine diff and tranny into ur vp??

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
nah just a the transmission and thats pending a full check out from my dad tommorow to see if the car is any good or not. I'm hoping to be able to just swap the manual out it into mine and put my auto back in it then sell it at a very minor loss. Maybe even make a profit.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
well biggest problem is that the crank shaft is actually different. between the 2 engines. and also the tailshafts should be different lengths