Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fan wont turn off

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
hey guys, just wondering if anyone would have any idea why my fan in my VN V6 wont turen off, as soon i start the car the fan switches on and temp stays very cold, i started it this morning and it was freezing and it still turn on, i dont know why, engine light comes on sometimes but i think thats another problem, any ideas would be much apreciated. :unsure:

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
if i make a data cable and use my laptop will that pick it up?

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
turn your airconditioner off ... if the buttons on, it'll turn your thermo fan on as soon as the ignition is turned.

M

milesy97

Thats easy fixed

You could try to replace the fan relay in the fuse box under the hood. I had the same problem in my VP :drink:

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok cool
i might check that
thanks for your replies

W

Wonderboy

check for codes if the engine light has come on. yer sounds like a relay might be stuck on constant power just pull out the horn relay and plug it in the fan socket and see if it fixes it, if so get a new relay. my fan wouldnt turn on and it was the relay. then it didnt turn on again and the engine light came on. it was the coolant temp sensor. but it hasnt been stuck on. and yeah if ur a/c is on the fan will stay on all the time

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i replaced the relay and it still doesnt turn off, if i plug my ALDL cable into it and use WinALDL will that show me anything? i think it could be the coolant temp sensor, or even something else.
Anyone else have any ideas send me an email to [email protected]
thanks for your replies