Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP_Exec's Dove Grey BT1 - now with 20's and Pics!"

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Hi guys,

Just picked up my new ride and thought I'd post a couple of pics...

Bought it and drove it 1000km home faultlessly, very happy! Drove like your Nana the whole way home and managed 10l/100km with the 304 and auto...

Ripped plenty of Dove Grey stuff off the old girl and gradually replacing with plain jane series 1 black stuff - like elec side mirrors, door handles, clear grille replaced when I got home with new headlights (took HSV grille off).

Stuck some 15x6 with 205/65r15 Pirelli's on front and 15x7 with 225/60r15 Hankooks on rear, on new chasers that I painted up.

Has a nice Momo wheel, ABS/IRS, clarion CD, under guard coldair, Tri-Y's, twin cat exhaust, Koni's, Pedders rear springs, big tank, Recaro drivers seat recovered back to stock.

Paint is honestly 9.5 out of 10 with one dint in front guard that I reckon will push out.

Will retro fit cruise, new carpet, rip the tint off as it is ordinary, and refit all stock Exec bagdes to the boot (have already done front guard badges)...

Keen to know what u all think.

VP_Exec

Attachments

• Chaser 002.jpg
    Chaser 002.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Chaser 003.jpg
    Chaser 003.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,183
  • Chaser 005.jpg
    Chaser 005.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
new tail lights... STAT!!!!

other than that, looks pretty clean. i would have kept the mirrors and handles as is though, much neater.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
IRS Exec FTW :), It's Mortons dream car, I agree with hakky on the mirrors and handles. Black is the winner there

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
nice find mate! ss wheel aswell! , i reckon thats probably one of the best colours in the vp range

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Yeah I used to own a white VP Series 1 many moons ago, and always loved it when I saw a Dove Grey one.

Unsure about black accessories now - wanted to swap them to black but getting used to colour.

Will post a For Sale getting rid of colour coded 16's, letterbox grille, bonnet protector as a package I think.

Oh and definetly new tailights on the way too!!!

VP_Exec

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That not a SS wheel, more like a group A? something like that anyway

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
IRS Exec FTW :), It's Mortons dream car, I agree with hakky on the mirrors and handles. Black is the winner there

Yeah :( It makes me sad to see a VP exec V8 in such BEAUTIFUL condition that I DON'T OWN! *slams fist into table*

You are a very lucky man. NEVER modify the body to anything other than stock. EVER.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Oh, by the way VP_exec, if you're ever selling - I have a nice white stato I could swap with some money ;) hahaha