Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Front drivers side door lock removal

Kev_VSVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS & VY Executives
The central locking mechanism on my front drivers side door does not lock the door. I have pulled the trim off the door, by following information in the forums, but I need to remove the lock from the door to check it out properly. I am able to disconnect the interior door handle mechanism, and the securing bolts, but am having problems trying to remove the external (key lock) and opener.
Is there any easy way to remove the unit, so I can test the actuator?

Also, I have a problem with the vehicle shuddering at 78km - 83 km per hour, while cruising in drive. I believe the problem is with the auto locking mechanism, because it does not happen in any other gear or any other speed. I foolishly took it to an Auto Transmission place, who replaced the transmission for $2500, but failed to fix the problem. I am assuming the fault is in the ECM.
Any advice would be welcomed.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe if you supply power to the actuator (black with red tracer and black with yellow tracer) you can see if it moves. I'd disconnect the main battery first.
However if you want to remove the door handle/lock, the book says
separate the lock cylinder wiring connector and cut any cable ties securing the wiring to the lower door panel.
Disconnect the lock cylinder control rod from the door lock by releasing the retaining clip.
Withdraw the slide clip from the rear of the exterior door handle.
Manoeuvre and withdraw the handle section from inside the door and remove the surround and seal.

There is a diagram but I'll be liable to copyright infrigment if I post it!

Re the shudder - sounds like the Torque Converter Clutch is playing up - I'd take it back under warranty as it will not fix itself and only get worse.

Hope this helps.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
if buy external opener u mean the door handle itself all you have to do to get them out is pop the rods out of the white clips and slide the long flat pin in behind the handle, use a screw driver or something, i'm pretty sure it slides to the left, look for a little loop and pull it towards the left it, then ur door handle will be in two bits, slide it out from the front, watch your paint though!