Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto shift kit...?help

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
What would be a good cheap upgrade for my vr auto...shift kit 1,2,3 whats the difference...and prices if any1 knows for perth area..any help would be good cheers.:thumbsup:

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
A corvette servo would be a good cheap addiction to the shift kit

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
A corvette servo would be a good cheap addiction to the shift kit

what does that do?and i dont have a shift kit i want one though..but i dont know prices and what the difference is between the different levels of shift kits..

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
In short they change how hard they shift and what revs/speed they change at Stage 3 is normally manualised in the fact you have to change it between the gears or it will not shift up or down

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
stage 2 will hold gear even at max revs. and combined with a Corvette servo gives hard and firm shifts.

also apparently slow's clutch wear...

Stage 3 Shift Kit is completly manualised auto. you HAVE TO shift it from 1-2-3-D and downshift to D-3-2-1. to stop....

go with stage 2. buy a TRANSGO shift kit.... (try get it off ebay cause they are cheap as chips compared to some auto placces ebay want $219 and tranny mechanic will want 300 area)

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
In short they change how hard they shift and what revs/speed they change at Stage 3 is normally manualised in the fact you have to change it between the gears or it will not shift up or down

JusT Beat me...haha damn you tt460!!!

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
stage 2 will hold gear even at max revs. and combined with a Corvette servo gives hard and firm shifts.

also apparently slow's clutch wear...

Stage 3 Shift Kit is completly manualised auto. you HAVE TO shift it from 1-2-3-D and downshift to D-3-2-1. to stop....

go with stage 2. buy a TRANSGO shift kit.... (try get it off ebay cause they are cheap as chips compared to some auto placces ebay want $219 and tranny mechanic will want 300 area)

ohk thanks cheers for the info that helps:thumbsup:

also should my auto be running perfect before putting shift kit on?cos mine isnt perfect just wondering will it kill it or possible fix it???

aussie_cruzin

got boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
And around how much would a mechanic charge to have the kit and corvette servo put in just a estimate so i have a idea..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
you should at least get a service and get it checked and any parts that are worn replaced also, that will ensure its going to perform at its best with the shift kit

costs have been posted by members on here from $250-400 if you supply the kit and 500 for supply and install

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
I have heard that if your auto isn't in good condition then a shift kit will just kill it quicker, and that they are only good in the long term on a box that is in decent condition. Can't say I'm 100% sure on that, maybe somebody else could clarify.