Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VS Cold air intake

lyndon_breeze

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Holden VS Executive Sedan
anyone know how to hook up a cold air in take, would help if had a pictured step by step instructions

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
your kidding right?
man if your holding the CIA kit in your hand scratching your head looking in your engine bay then maybe you should attempt to install it your self.
Its a matter of cutting a small chunk out of the bottom part of the air box, and screwing in 3 self tapping screws.
wear some saftey goggles man.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
your kidding right?
man if your holding the CIA kit in your hand scratching your head looking in your engine bay then maybe you should attempt to install it your self.
Its a matter of cutting a small chunk out of the bottom part of the air box, and screwing in 3 self tapping screws.
wear some saftey goggles man.

Thats a bit harsh.

Just pull off the top of your airbox (there are clips all around the sides), undo the bolts in the bottom of the airbox, pull it out & cut the bigger hole in it - you will see where.
Then trial fit it all and screw the intake scoop into the radiator shroud using 3 SHORT bolts/screws/clips, but be careful not to drill through into the radiator. Have a look under to see how much room you have to play with.

This was probably the 1st mechanical thing I ever did and I managed to figure it out and install it in 10-15 mins, so you should have no problems

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Holden spare parts will sell them. The part numbers are in that thread I linked you to, but you don't need to buy the bottom of the airbox, you just cut a bigger hole in the original one with a hacksaw or dremel.

As far as cost, I think it comes to about $50-55, and add about $20-25 if you buy the bottom half as well.
Now that I think about it I think I might have bought the bottom half as well on my 1st car, and it came to about $80. But seriously, it is so easy just to cut it open that you would be crazy to pay the extra.

I'm pretty sure Holden could sell you little plastic screws/clips to hold the snorkel on, but I've always just used bolts and washers that are lying around.

There are a million threads about cai's already so it could be worth having a quick squiz at some of the old ones to find heaps of info

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Just remember when buying off ebay that you often pay for postage that you could save if you just went to your local holden dealer. Holden should be less than $60 anyway

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
as philthy said, buy direct from holden

theres a bunch of cowboys on ebay who buy holden parts and sell them for more than rrp... vs cai's and calais bezels come to mind... the funny thing is, theres dumbasses out there that actually buy them (no offence don) :thumbsup: