Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

limp mode

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
atm my car is in limp mode but i have no idea where to start i checked all the fuses they all fine what would cause this as i need to get my car running asap as it is about 250 ks from home and not in a good spot atm

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
normally its the transmission that puts it in limp mode, do the error code check and make sure it isnt the auto solenoids.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You can try disconnecting the battery - leave it off for a minute or two - this can sometimes remove LHM if it's due to a transmission problem (my 3/4 solenoid was sticking and disconnecting the battery reset it till it stuck again). LHM may be OK if you are not going up a lot of hills as you will be restricted to 3rd gear only plus reverse however it's not recommended as it can cause further damage depending on the actual cause of LHM. In your case I suppose it's a toss-up against the cost of towing etc against the chance of further damage plus the time factor.
As Vee-ard says, do the codes check and if it indicates a solenoid sticking I personally would risk the drive in LHM but I'm a tight-ass who doesn't like wasting money.
Code check is at: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307
Good Luck.

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i checked erroe codes and only got 12 and 31 which is theft deterent signal missing

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
In that case it may be OK to drive IF the trans oil is not brownish and smelling burnt, the coolant level is OK and the oil level is OK. My daughter drove a Falcon EB2 for over a year in LHM with no problems except sluggishness.....but it's your decision.
Did you remove the battery and reconnect?
Hope it all turns out well.