Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Master cylinder & VT Brake Upgrade kit

VRCITY

Cruizin' is gud 4 da soul
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hey guys... an gurlz'

ust had a question regardng VT Brake upgrade kits. I am wanting to know if it is ABSOLUTELY VITAL for the master cylinder to be upgraded to a vt spec as well...or will a standard VR master cylinder do the job??...

appreciate any thoughts

Cheers!

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
if your on a budget, just change the master cylinder..... other wise go for it all.

VRCITY

Cruizin' is gud 4 da soul
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
was more wonderin if i put the calipers on can my vr cylider cut it?
or are you saying that jamming a vt master in there would be better than doing the caipers and discs?

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
yur current master will do it....but not very good...

the big dfference comes when yu change the master, hence alot of people with low cash just changing the master

i will try and find a recent thread about it

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
i think the master cylinder's are only like $75 from the wreckers.....

I'd be very interested in changing the whole lot... Cylinder, disks and calipers... Think you could write a how to? Or know someone who has done it, and get them to?

And I'm guessing it's a huge job.. But the ABS system.. Is that just the master cylinder, or are there other components? If it's just the master cylinder, how hard would it be to install in a VS without without abs?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
now you have 2 options..

1. go down the track upgrading to the VT disc setup, which you may or may not need the VT master, some have had good pedal feel without changing the master.

2. go the VE upgrade, the pistons are smaller, so require less fluid, which means you dont need to touch the master. a better option if you ask me. thread with info: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1997/107328-brake-upgrade-wheel-bearings.html

oh and you always have the VS GTS brakes too :) so 3 options

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
On my own car i have done Twin calipers, VT booster and VT master cyl. They are fantastic! i adapted the VT booster to the VS booster bracket.

recently i did caliper ONLY conversions on two VS commos and the pedal travel was further and required a fair shove of the pedal to get a decent bite.

Therefore my suggestion is go the booster and master too.