Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man conversion-cruise control, will the auto cruise control work on manual conversion

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
If i convert my auto '93 berlina wagon to manual from vr ute (with no cruise) of the same year will my cruise control be affected?
And if so how do you fix it?

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
it will work on the man aslong as it is conected up the same way as on the auto my mats done it in his 94 vr and probs yet and it been 3 years

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
my cruise aint working since converting to manual,the dash lights for it dont work and im wondering if thats the problem

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
yes it does work, I know mine in my vr is an auto cruise setup(someone did it before i bought it) as it has no clutch switch + theres some wiring i can see thats not factory on the brake switch.
It is very benificial to not have the clutch cut out switch as it lets you go down gears when hitting a steep hill without having to reset the cruise. Its not really a saftey issue either, if theres a a car stopped ahead i generally hit the brake anyway which cuts it out.

Just be weary of 5th gear on rough roads if it jumps out of gear, it will hit the rev limiter pretty quick.