Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oxygen sensor vr v8

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Gday guys,

Can some one please tell me where the o2 sensor is on a vr v8 stateo. And are they a pain to replace with just a shifter?

Thanks.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
The VR V8 only has one sensor, its on the left of the engine (as you're looking under the bonnet it will be on your right side) just past the point where the extractors form into a 'Y' shape. You can reach it by jacking the car up and turning the wheel to lock in the right direction. Not sure what you mean by shifter, it should unscrew easily if anti-seize was put on it. Make sure you get a genuine AC Delco one unless you like soldering wires, because they most likely wont be long enough to reach the pigtail connector on the loom in your engine bay.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Cool mate thanks that’s exactly what I was after. Just a shifting spanner to unscrew it. Thats all I meant.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
What about the ntk oxy sensors?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
just make sure you have a decent length of wire, the connector is just behind the fuel rail at the back of the engine on most cars. It has to reach here from the 'Y' Piece. If you trace the lead from the sensor itself that will give you an idea of how much length you need.