Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

heavy duty shocks

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
heavy duty shocks please help

hi guys i need a hand with a few things,

im going to put heavy duty shocks in my Lowered VR, i was wondering if they lift the car higher than what they originally were in any way?

2. my car seems to never warm up its always cold, can any 1 tell me why?

please help

Last edited:
V

vsII manual

1. The shocks wont change the ride height, the springs to that. As long as there not adjustable gas shocks, it will be fine.
2. If it is never warming up your thermastst may be stuck open, does happen sometimes. Unless your only driving short distances?

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
I might change that as well! what is normal operating temp? cos if i drive mine for 10 min its still on cold or just a touch over. is that normal?
thanks

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Even after replacing my thermostat and gasket my VR never heats above 1/8 unless in heavy traffic which it may creap up to 1/4. This is probably caused by the fact i replaced the waterpump and had the radiator reconditioned. could also be the gauge on my car, but i think not as i can hold onto the engine block after driving it for 10 minutes. It feels around 60-80 degrees which is the standard i think. :unsure:

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
I replaced my entire cooling system. It takes about 10 minutes for it to warm up, gently driven but ti does reach & stay at operating temperature.. There's about 12 litres of coolant in there & an efficient modern engine doesn't generate as much excess heat as older ones running gently when cold. compare how much flow there is from the exhause of an 80's car compared to new-ish ones - there's a lot more fuel/air burning in the older ones. Just cos a thermostat is new doesn't mean it works. Test it in boiling water before you put it in.