Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with vr ss - getting abs codes

djses9

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR SS

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
have you replaced your diff lately???
when i replaced mine i didnt notice at the time but the new diff didn't have the little goldish coloured cog bits for a abs sensor thingy so thats why my abs light is on

djses9

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR SS
no mate - my diff has the cogs + sensors but just cant get any error codes. like usually i notice the fan turns on while getting engine codes. for the abs codes nothing happens -- just like turning the key on!! :hmmm:

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
[sorry for digging up an on thread but did you sort the abs out? My vr caprice has the same issue !! QUOTE=djses9;1353264]no mate - my diff has the cogs + sensors but just cant get any error codes. like usually i notice the fan turns on while getting engine codes. for the abs codes nothing happens -- just like turning the key on!! :hmmm:[/QUOTE]

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I thought the VR used an earlier version of the Bosch ABS which did not give fault codes but I could be wrong. However, one thing I know can fail is the large connector to the ABS unit which can corrode where the terminals are especially if the car is degreased and water gets in the connection.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If you don't get any fault codes, your ABS itself module may be the problem.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
and hydraulic brakes not the greatest.

any slither of help very much appreciated!
cheers.

I had ta similar problem, master cylinder was farked.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I thought the VR used an earlier version of the Bosch ABS which did not give fault codes but I could be wrong. However, one thing I know can fail is the large connector to the ABS unit which can corrode where the terminals are especially if the car is degreased and water gets in the connection.

I think that there was a change made with VR II, when data became available out of the ALDL connector (for xcop, that's the socket under the steering column you've been using so far).

Last edited: