Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loud nocking noise in front left wheel when turning.

macksvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
only started hearing it today, a load knocking noise in the front left wheel area when turning a left corner.

seems to mainly do it as im turning into my driveway - its a 1993 VR by the way.

is it just some sort of bush kit required?

thanks

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
.... i was thinking mabye a wheel bearing even thats starting to show signs of letting go .... ? dunno

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It sounds like the sway bar bushes,or the front suspension bushes.Get under and have a look around the swaybar bushes,if they look old,squashed and cracked,then they will most likely need replacing.If they are old and stuffed the suspension ones are likely be just as worn.

rodnirene

Reaction score
Members Ride
ecotec VS ute
Check the rod at the end of the swaybar where it attaches to the suspension. They can break

VXSS32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
it will be ya link pins, they go from ya sway bar to ya strut in the front. It is a very common problem in commodores, until they changed the design of them. They aint very expensive to replace, but are a pain in the ass to replace, i just did mine, i been puttin it off for ages coz they annoy me so bad, but ya gotta do it