Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Vacationer Commodore radiator replacement?

ETH4N

Project VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commo
Hey guys,

Just wondering how to change a VS 1995 V6 Radiator, couldnt find anything on here with instructions/pics if possible, as tomorrow i will pickup a 2nd hand radiator to fit as mine blew a hole in it.

Any info/guide would be great, cheers.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Bonnet up
Dump coolant out bottom hose
Remove radiator fan (4x10mm bolts, 1 electrical plug)
Remove two spring clips holding radiator in place (1 either side)
Remove all hoses, including trans cooler hoses if applicable
Remove radiator direcly upward
Transfer rubber mounts to new radiator
Reverse process

There is a HEAP of threads on this, but the search is a piece of **** at the moment so I'll let you off ;)

Sam

edit: Brett_jjj's post has alerted me that I forgot the VS had their stupid PS reservoir mounted there somewhere... this post is for VR :)

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Release the clip that holds the power steering fluid reservoir,place it to the side.Disconnect both top and bottom radiator hoses.(drain the system),disconnect the fan wiring plug..On auto transmissions undo both the trans cooler pipes.Compress the clips that hold the radiator in and remove them.Then lift out the radiator and fan.
You want to get yourself a Gregorys workshop manual.It makes it easy for anyone wanting to fix their own cars or do their own work.Saves heaps of money too.Well worth it.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Why post on here asking about how to do a job,then pay to get it done.Stuff paying someone else for such an easy 10 minute job like swapping a radiator.Why dont you get a gregorys workshop manual.It will save you heaps of money doing stuff yourself.Plus you will learn heaps too.The manuals contents on how to check or fix/replace stuff is all step by step,anyone can follow it.You probably could have bought a manual with the money you handed over to get the radiator fitted...Anyway you will need to mix coolant with water at a 50:50 ratio.
Dont just run water in it for too long.