Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turning VS stateman passenger airbag space into storage space

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Hi guys, as you can guess from the title, im wanting to modify a VS statesman dash so the emty space from the passenger airbag can be turned into something useful. How can I do this or can you guys sort something out

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Drug stashes can get you into a lot of trouble! don't you already have lot's of space in the rest of the car?

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Drug stashes can only get you into trouble IF you get caught. And yes theres lots of other space in the car with more to come once the caprice seats and door trims go in but I was thinking either extra storage,small DVD screen or maybe,just maybe a mini fridge (holding 4-6 cans).
I was gonna turn the glove box into a fridge coz i have a caprice glove box lid that has a switch for cool air to get in but I dout if a mini fridge is even possible,but i'll look into it

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i had a vs statesman dash in mine and you will also have the air bag behind the dash, if you do i would not attept to atler it in any way. if you dont have the airbag tere then go and find a 2nd glove box from a vr statesman like i did and you have to take the dash out to fit it all, i did this when i swapted my hvac box so it was already needing to come out;.
VS S2 DASH air bag passenger side.
DSCF0596.jpg

then i put the vr 2nd glove box lid in
DSCF4557-1.jpg

DSCF4568-1.jpg

Last edited:

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate,this should be useful when showing a bloke about the top glove box in VR stato's. Hopefully if I cant get a VR insert thingy I'll get air cover opening then work it out from there

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
no worries, they also have a small strut and light inside it so when it opens light comes on

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very nifty, I'll have to note that when I go parts hunting.....................again

mark_wedlock

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s
Hi im doing the same to a vs ute but need a bit of help with air duct . Top glovebox wont fit in can anyone send me a pic of air duct pipe needed please my email address is [email protected] thanks .

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If you remove the passenger airbag your airbag warning light will be on all the time unless you replace the SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module) with one from a driver-only airbag car. However, you may also have problems in registering your car depending on whether the inspectors check to see that you have both airbags installed. If you have an accident, particularly if the passenger is injured because there is no airbag, you could be facing some serious legal problems.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Useless bit of info but I'll post it up anyway......

I used to own a 2000 model VS Series III ute and it didn't have airbags, ABS brakes or traction control.