Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Wiring Harness

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I have a wiring harness under my steering wheel in my VS II Exec. and I dont know what it's for. Im guessing it could be either for diagnostics, or more likely for trip computers or (I hope) cruise control.

Its a wide harness and I think its directly under the steering wheel, or around abouts. Its got nothing connected to it now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Could be for the power window module ?? I have VN-VR-VS wiring diagrams here. I will have a sticky beek shortly.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
If the plug is located underneith the fuse panel trim on the metal bar there then its the diagnostic plug. If thats not it then tell us what colours the wiring is to it, include the trace colours and I'll see what it should go to.

Regards Guy.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Here is the unknown fella. Still wouldnt have a clue, and the camera wasnt set to the right focus, but you get an idea of the size, shape and location. Its NOT inside the fuse box, but under it.

Any ideas?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Yep that fella is the ALDL or Diagnostic link.

As seen here..

stheggie

Reaction score
I spoke to a guy at a Holden Wreckers and he said to me that its pretty hard to add cruise to the commodore, ( genuine ) He said all the parts can add up to over $400.00 and you have to pull the dash out apparently.

I dont know if its true, or he just might not have wanted to sell me it.

D

death-from-above

Lord data, you know about the fault code check dont you?