Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning my engine bay

wildeagle44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
So i was gonna give my engine bay a good scrub to get all the dirt and gunk out, to generally just make it look a bit better.
Is there anything i should steer clear from? Was just gonna use a damp/wet rag and then dry it all off. Don't wanna go ahead and clean it out only to have it dead or dieing when im done.
Thanks

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
just keep the water away from any exposed wiring and you should be right. one thing i notice after cleaning my engine is that the check oil light always seems to come up for a few days afterward. if yours happens to do this aswell, dont stress too much, cos if its the same thing as me, then it was just a bit of water that gets into the oil pressure switch/sensor but the moisture dicipates over a couple of days and the light will eventually disappear :thumbsup:

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
another thing i would suggest i do when i clean my engine bay is leave the engine running while u do it it may have a lil bit of steam but thats all good just dont wanna get ur spark plugs and **** like that wet cause then ur car wont start

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Also put a bag over the dizzy just to be safe.

Do it when the engine is cold

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Lol i have always used gernies on em, never had a problem (touch wood)

5LTRVNSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss,vl turbo, ktm 525,vs bt1
another thing i would suggest i do when i clean my engine bay is leave the engine running while u do it it may have a lil bit of steam but thats all good just dont wanna get ur spark plugs and **** like that wet cause then ur car wont start

hahah done that too my first calais .... and whadda know...... conclusion cracked head....