Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Radiator Size - Do you need bigger

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
I have a VS 5 Litre V8 running on LPG. It has a leaking radiator, so I bought a new one off ebay. Its the plastic tank, aluminium radiator that I bought. I currently have a Natrad, 3 core radiator. I am worried that the new one I have bought wont cut it. Do you need bigger radiator when running LPG?

My missus used to have a VR V6 on gas but that ran fine with the factory radiator.

Any help would be good. Cheers

richt0409

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 series 3 vs ute
i know its a bit different but a friend of mine got his nissan patrol converted to gas and his runs fine with everything the same as i said bit different from a commodore though :)

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
na, all LPG's ive had have run cooler on LPG (well if running correctly lol). and also the extra piping that is needed to keep the lpg converter working makes it cooler as well because the coolant is out of the hot engine for longer AND running through the lpg converter. And as all of us LPG users know LPG freezes if not kept warm lol. So if the radiator is to the specifications of what the car came out with u will be fine mate.

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
Sweet, just need to get me a thermo fan now before I drop it in, the old clutch fan sucks b*lls!

Thanks heaps for advice guys!

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
the old clutch fans arent toooo bad, they are damn reliable cause at absolute worst they lock up and spin, still keeping the engine cool. Dont go too crazy on a big thermo fan tho, the power draw of a large thermo set up can down power just as much as a clutch fan lol