Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shift kit for auto

G

GeorgeB

hey all,

seriously thinking bout buyin a shift kit for my auto,

exactly wat is it and wat does it do...

ive heard too many stories but need to know all the correct details, price and all...

i got no idea how it works and where bouts it goes..

so as much info would b appreciated..

thanks all...

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
about $300. all they usually do is up the pressure so the1-2 shift is firmer. stage 2 they usually put in a new pan and corvette servo and maybe other little things. its about $350 for a stage 2. baywater automatics is a good place. or trickshift in cambelfield (i think).
cheers.

C

CustomVS

Whiteside automatics do it installed for $350, on Whiteside Rd, Clayton next door to jetspeed and acroos rd from Holdent wreckers.....Shift kits basically changes the lag between gear changes, instead of smoothly changing thus creating longer shifts for smoothness it pushes straight into next gear, you lose smoothness......but run quicker times....

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
doesn't it wear out your gears/auto.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
AttaBoy said:
doesn't it wear out your gears/auto.
Probably, but that's life. If you want extra performance, stuff wears out faster. That's the trade off you have to live with, depending on your choices.
I don't like wearing out my shoes, so I just sit down all day. :p

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
nah it doesnt wear out ur transmission if its a good shift kit it makes the gear changes quicker and harder reducing slipping in the transmission so the cogs dont grind each other while its trying to change gear and it reduces heat in the trans cause the cogs arnt rubbing each other while shifting,
hard, quick full into gear shifts

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
"I don't like wearing out my shoes, so I just sit down all day"

LOL - gotta use that one day, some where, some day and some how ?

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
anyone know a good place in sydney to get this sort of work done? I would be interested in stage 2 shift kit for my Berlina VS auto...

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
They're a strain on just about the entire driveline and yes they do shorten the live of your transmission. Having said that, It's still a great mod if you're looking to chirp the wheels from first to second, definately not wet road friendly, you'll have the ass kicking out alot. I wouldn't mind one if my transmission wasn't already slipping bad enough.